TERMS OF WORKING WITH RACHAEL DOES DESIGN
1. The client hereby allows permission for all design work to be used and shared by Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design for self-promotional purposes, once the client has first publicly launched their designs. Unused designs created during the process, and which are not included in the final signed-off designs, remain in full ownership of the designer to do with as they please.
2. Full payment of the non-refundable deposit is required in order to secure your agreed starting date.
Upon paying the invoice/signing the contract, the designer will reserve the date agreed upon and will not make any other reservations. No designing will take place and no rights are granted until timely payment is made on the deposit. Should the deposit not be paid within five days of receiving the deposit Invoice, the client is automatically surrendering their slot and this will be given to another client.
3. The required deposit is 50% of the total amount payable and these prices are subject to change at any time during the project, should the client request further work to the agreed package above.
4. Unless stated otherwise, the client is entitled to 1 design concept with 3 rounds of revisions. Should
the client require more revisions or the designer believes the work to be more complex than set out,
additional fees will occur. Furthermore, any additional work beyond the services listed above will result in an added billing to the invoice.
5. A maximum completion date for your project is will be put in place, and should the project not be completed by this date, at no fault of the designer, the client will be expected to pay a 20% disruption fee for each week that the project runs over.
6. In the event that the client wishes to terminate the contract for any reason, except for unforeseen
circumstances (see 12.), the client will be expected to settle any final payments for work already completed
and will be subject to 20% cancellation fee. In this scenario, the client will not be entitled to a refund of any
7. Breach of the following will result in automatic termination of the contract and the client shall not be
entitled to a refund of any kind.
A) The client is disrespectful or makes any discriminative or offensive remarks towards Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design.
B) In the unlikely case that multiple attempts have been made or offered to develop a design yet the client remains unhappy or is in refusal of additional fees, and a resolution is not deemed possible by the designer. C) There is a dispute between the designer and the client that is unresolvable.
8. Should the contract be terminated by either party, all work legally belongs to Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design and the client is not permitted to use the designs for personal or business use. Furthermore, in this event, any individual including the client or another designer, is not permitted to recreate the ideas or
designs that have been created by Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design.
9. In the unlikely event that Rachael falls ill or is injured and is unable to complete the work for this reason
or any other, including personal, the client is entitled to a partial refund minus any design work that has
already been completed. Should this occur prior to the starting date, the client will be entitled to a full
refund of the deposit.
10. The client is required to respond with feedback within 3 days of receiving any email correspondence from Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design. In the case that the designer makes multiple attempts to contact the client and they are failing to communicate, the contract will be automatically terminated and all payments for completed work will be billed directly plus a disruption fee of 25%.
11. If a situation arises where the client must pause the project due to unforeseen circumstances within the
business, or due to personal reasons, then the client will be billed for all design work completed up to date.
The client may only pause a project for up to 3 months (12 weeks), and the project will be resumed based
on the designer’s availability. Following the 3 month (12 weeks) period, if the project has not yet resume in
full, the designer is within the right to cancel the project and refund the amount equal to the sum of work
not yet completed.
12. The designer is not responsible for delays in the client’s schedule that are a result of the client’s planning. If the client requires additional work, or resumed work, to be completed on a rush order that results in the designer making accommodations in their schedule that go beyond typical work hours, then this will be billed at an increased rush rate, and only accepted based on the designer’s availability.
13. All design proofs will be provided in digital form and only once the final payment is made will the designer share all full, final files. Should this payment not be received for any reason, all work legally belongs to Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design and the client is not permitted to use the designs for personal or business use. Furthermore, in this event, any individual, including the client or another designer, is not permitted to recreate the ideas or designs that have been created by Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design.
14. The client has responsibility to proofread and review all work produced during the project. As a result, the client is fully responsible for any errors in spelling, typography, illustrative layout, photography or other errors discovered after printing or reproduction or for any work performed by third-parties selected by the client or Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design.
15. Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design does not warrant that any deliverables will be profitable, will result in
additional sales or will improve exposure. Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design has no responsibility to the
client should the deliverables of the project not lead to the client’s desired results.
WEBSITE SPECIFIC TERMS
16. The client in retrieval of this quote has responsibility to provide all website copy and photography as well as gaining the owners written permission to use the photographs (if applicable) as part of their website. The client should also
proofread and review all work produced during the project. As a result, the client is fully responsible for any errors
in spelling, typography illustrative layout, photography or other errors discovered after launching.
17. The client is solely responsible for any website hosting fees from the third party hosting platform, these fees will be
invoiced to the client during the project when Rachael Lyons - Rachael Does Design advises the site to be ready for
the final stages before launch. The cost of the hosting is not included in the initial quotation.
18. Once the project is complete the client is responsible for the upkeep of the website. Should the client wish that
Rachael Does Design keeps control of the website content, retainer packages will be discussed at the end of the
19. All information that is included in your Google Business profile will be copy and pasted into the platform and Rachael Does Design takes no responsibility for errors that occur due to the clients misspelling or incorrect information.
20. The client agrees that they own the rights to all copy, photographs and illustration that they provide to the designer and visa versa. The designer will not use any copy or photographs on the website that can not legally be used.
21. Rachael Does Design will place a link "Website designed by Rachael Does Design" in the footer of your website. Please send formal request to remove this if you do not wish it to be placed there. This will incur a small charge due to lack of referred business.
MEETINGS AND THE USE OF THE DESIGNERS TIME
22. The client is entitled to up to 1.5 hours of Rachael's time via zoom or phone call to discuss changes and edits after the initial planning or strategy call. Otherwise communication must be conducted via email. Any zoom calls conducted outside of the 1.5 hours stated above will result in a further charge to the invoice at an hourly rate of £37.00. In person meetings outside of the initial consultation and 1.5 hours quoted will be charged at the same rate of £37.00 per hour plus a mileage charge of 45p per mile.
I, the undersigned client, hereby warrant that I am competent to contract in my own name. I confirm that I have read the terms of the contract and understand that breach of these terms will result in immediate termination of the project and additional fees may occur. I am fully familiar with the terms of this agreement and recognise that this is a legally binding document.